The Imperial Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Imperial Federation Forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

European/English Council Elections Tomorrow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:12 am

Any suggestions as to how these are going to pan out?
I predict a bad time for Labour, a fairly good time for the Conservatives, an average time for the Lib Dems and a fairly good election for smaller fringe parties, especially UKIP.
The opinions of our American cousins are also welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://the-imperial-fed.forumotion.net
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:36 am

I agree. Though the conservstives are steping a thin line in the EP because he just spilt from a group and has just recieved contenent wide critisism but i don'y know if the voters here will take that into acount or weather they argree with the consevatives for doing it. I personally think that the EU is great however Brussels should have limited power we are not one country.

Labour is doomed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:50 pm

BBC news reckons that the Lib Dems are gonna move into second place in the Europeans ahead of Labour and that another fringe party may also move ahead of them, either UKIP or the Green party. The Results Could be interesting.

Me thinks that the order of parties by number of seats will be...

1.) Conservative
2.) Liberal Democrats
3.) Labour
4.) UKIP
5.) Green Party of England and Wales
6.) Scottish National Party
7.) Plaid Cymru
8.) British National Party
9.) Ulster Unionist Party
10.) Sinn Fein

I dunno about Libertas though.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:40 am

Maybe UKIP or the there partys will take over labour Very Happy

I rephrase myself Labour is doomed for eternity Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:32 am

To be honest i think labour will recover in the future, possibly under the leadership of someone like David Miliband or Ed Balls. But i definitely think that todays elections will be very tough for them.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:35 am

They're going to have to work hard in order to win back the publics trust.

Then agian so do the other parties that have abused the expenses system.

It is a dark time for British politics Sad
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:36 am

How did these turn out I didn't catch it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:36 am

In a nutshell it was a bad time for the centre left majority party labour who lost seats in the european assembly. The cente-right conserative party gained seats in the european assembly. The green party and the centre-left liberal democrat party stayed the same, the right wing UKIP party gained seats and the far right party the BNP gained two seats (which caused a bit of an uproar). Labour party also lost control of Wales which was a bit of a shock because it has been a labour stronghold since around 1918.
As far as the council elections went there were mostly gains for the conservative party.
We're gonna have a general election before may next year which could turn out to be very interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Wow lots of movement. Interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European/English Council Elections Tomorrow   European/English Council Elections Tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European/English Council Elections Tomorrow
Page 1 of 1