The Imperial Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Imperial Federation Forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Current World State

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tellflex Inc.

Tellflex Inc.

Current World State Empty
PostSubject: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:39 am

All people from other parts of the world get differing news than others, so lets see what you've got.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Good idea! king

Well I don't have any links at this very minute but just off the top of my head...

Harry Patch 'the last Tommy deid several days ago at the age of 111.

He was one of the last surviving world war 1 veterans. This for me is very bad news and is very upsetting. I hope we do not forget the sacrafice of his generation.

In other news Nicolas Sarkozy te president of france is ill.

And thats all the radio has told me.

There was also mention of Parliments swine flu policy being knocked but i did'nt hear all of it.

My sources of news are:

BBC news 24 and BBC Breakfast show

CNN international

Sky news (occasionally)

Eagle Radio news bullitin
Back to top Go down
alpharomeo25

alpharomeo25

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:56 pm

jonesh wrote:
Good idea! king

Well I don't have any links at this very minute but just off the top of my head...

Harry Patch 'the last Tommy deid several days ago at the age of 111.

He was one of the last surviving world war 1 veterans. This for me is very bad news and is very upsetting. I hope we do not forget the sacrafice of his generation.

In other news Nicolas Sarkozy te president of france is ill.

where i live we have had the same news as that and we lost our 11 troop over in Iraq to a car bomb.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:54 am

I did'nt catch that bit.

Today in the news:

The foriegn secretary David Miliband Has urged tals with the Taliban.

Johanna Lumley has met the Nepalese President .

The US have started tslks with Egypt in order to secure a middle eastern deal.

and last thursday it was announced that Bin Laden's son is probably dead.
Back to top Go down
alpharomeo25

alpharomeo25

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:03 am

In Australia we are making fun of Kevin Rudd our PM
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:22 am

Whats he done?, just out of interest.
Back to top Go down
alpharomeo25

alpharomeo25

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:15 pm

he is running our nation to the ground and no-one can understand what he says
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:40 am

Fair enough, Well our PM Gordon Brown is'nt the most popular man in Britian at the moment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tellflex Inc.

Tellflex Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:27 am

While were on the subject of leaders I will talk about mine, President obama who to this day hasn't fulfilled one campaign promise. This is vary disappointing to me however there is alot more time to go, and I guess we will just have to see where he goes with this.
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Tellflex Inc. wrote:
While were on the subject of leaders I will talk about mine, President obama who to this day hasn't fulfilled one campaign promise. This is vary disappointing to me however there is alot more time to go, and I guess we will just have to see where he goes with this.

Yeah he has fallen short of what many thought they were voting for. I was not among his voters, even so I still was hoping that he would cut out some of the corruption. But he seems to have gone Washington. Crying or Very sad The main issue I have with his policy is that he has cut many military benefits, which to me isn't good but in a time of war its pretty low.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:11 am

Which campaign promise is he not fulfilling?
Back to top Go down
alpharomeo25

alpharomeo25

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:19 am

didnt he say he would bring his troops home?
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:55 pm

jonesh wrote:
Which campaign promise is he not fulfilling?

One that I have heard a lot of his voters getting upset about is he promise a lot about green energy within the next few years, but now all he talks about is how the tec for electric cars and a green power grid is 30 years off. But to look at it another way its not like the country can just up and change the whole way we run over night, but that is pretty much what he promised, so a lot of hippes are all worked up. Other then that he has been trying to put goverment funding towards creating abortion clinics, which in my mind the goverment has no place in. These are the two main things I have heard.
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:05 pm

alpharomeo25 wrote:
didnt he say he would bring his troops home?

Well they are leaving Iraq but many are being sent to Afghanistan, so they are most likely not going to stay for long. Neutral

But all in all it is mainly a lot of the education benefits that they are trying to cut that upsets me. Aswell as all enlistment bonus have been cut and military pay isn't that great so it is a real kick in the teeth for many.
Back to top Go down
alpharomeo25

alpharomeo25

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:42 am

I hate that how say one thing and do the other
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:42 am

URGENT: I am giong away for 2 weeks to Slovakia. So i will Not be back on till the 16th at the very earliest. So if you don't mind can we not do anything important until then. I don't want any nasty suprises for example: We are at war with the NPO Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alpharomeo25

alpharomeo25

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:11 am

trust me we will not have war for we are peaceful for now, but if we do go to war and you do get owned i will aid you
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:30 pm

jonesh wrote:
URGENT: I am giong away for 2 weeks to Slovakia. So i will Not be back on till the 16th at the very earliest. So if you don't mind can we not do anything important until then. I don't want any nasty suprises for example: We are at war with the NPO Very Happy

Ha ha this made me laugh Laughing

Have a safe trip man. Wink
Back to top Go down
alpharomeo25

alpharomeo25

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:43 pm

CCCP war is on in CN I am sorry i had to help this player who got attacked for no reason.
need anyone willing to help take them down.
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:52 pm

Wait whats going on?
Back to top Go down
alpharomeo25

alpharomeo25

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:52 pm

I have quit the game i am so sorry
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Why?
Back to top Go down
alpharomeo25

alpharomeo25

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:09 am

I have people that hate me i will make a new nation later
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:12 pm

Interesting well I hope to see you around Smile
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:30 am

I'm Back!

Sorry to here that you have to quit and start agian Alpharomeo Sad

I'll do the news later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current World State   Current World State Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current World State
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next