The Imperial Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Imperial Federation Forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Future of world power

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Future of world power - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:47 am

i think that north korea shares about 800 miles of border with china (correct me if i'm wrong), and yes i agree that china wouldn't take to kindly to sharing that border with a load of nato troops.
Back to top Go down
https://the-imperial-fed.forumotion.net
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:53 am

Some agreement would have to be made with China but i don't know what. North Korea just fired off two short range missiles.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:10 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8069457.stm

looks like things could get interesting...
Back to top Go down
Tellflex Inc.

Tellflex Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:11 am

Thats not good......................
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:14 am

North Korea has said that it will strike South Korea if it stops any of its ships. Looks like a Korean war is closer than we think. Hopefully things will boil down but only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:14 pm

It really does look like the little cold war that has been going on over just may explode but would be a bad thing North Korea if it did because if we fought a Korean war again our air power is much better then it was and their forces would quickly be destroyed; unless China jumps in.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:58 am

The question is would China risk decades of development in order to save North Korea even if the Chinese did jump in they might still lose but on the other hand they could win.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:26 am

I dont think the Chinese would risk getting involved. Their relations with North Korea aren't as good as they were in 1950 when they intervened against the UN forces, and i don't really think that they have anything to gain from getting involved but that they have quite a bit to lose.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:24 am

Agreed, The North Koreans might well be on their own.
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:35 am

They most likely will be, but China might get involved just to prevent western powers form gaining any more influence in the region. If China were to do anything it would most likely just be to threaten war.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:39 am

If China does threaten war and it goes on. Then whoever wins might just have a rather pyrric victory.
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:14 pm

Agreed the victor would most likely be just as undone as the loser. I really do think that if China and the west went to war the world as we know it would be rocked to the core.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:40 am

All you have to do is look at the results of the second world war and event the first to see what sort of affect a third world war would have.

For example the second world war saw the end of centuries of European dominance.

A Third world war could see the end of America's dominace of world affiars which came about after the second world war and it will see the rise of China. (which seems to happening without war as this report is saying)

Of course if any of the two powers won both of them would suffer in their influence becuase of the hard won victory.

Queston is: who will dominate world affiars afterwoulds? India? Brazil?.
Back to top Go down
Tellflex Inc.

Tellflex Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Just to get multiple opinions, I would like to know what you guys think about the elections in Iran? Neutral
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:01 am

Bad news for the west and bad news for Iran. I say this due to the riots around the country.

Apperently the beaten candidate would have been easier to get along with. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:27 am

Ahmadinejad didnt exactly put to much effort into trying to get along with the west in all the time he has previously been in office, so i can't see why he would change now. It probably would have been far easier for the west if one of the more "liberal" opposition would have been voted in.
Although there are a few allegations of vote rigging etc, if it turns out he was elected fairly we must respect the decision of the Iranian people.
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 am

It wouldn't surprise me if the vote was rigged but I doubt it; sadly I think they did reelect the cazy bastard. Sad

But to each his own I suppose. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Tellflex Inc.

Tellflex Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:16 am

Suspect I dont know Suspect
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:25 am

Question
Back to top Go down
Tellflex Inc.

Tellflex Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:29 am

I think he cheated.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:26 am

Ayatollah K has ordered a recount, hopefully they wont rig that one as well.
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:55 am

Ha yup lets hope the people of Iran get a fair shake.
Back to top Go down
jonesh

jonesh

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:12 pm

I know this is slightly a change of topic. But the Chinese just brought a mountian in Argentina and are goining to extract copper for the next 20 years. By that time the mountian could be completly flat. It takes a long time to flaten a mountian, for example in Wales they have deep mining and though that does not flatten a mountian there is still plenty of coal there despite mining there since the industrial revolution and they have now shut down.

They as i have already mentioned before, have Metal mines in Africa.

I'm starting to draw some frightening conclusions from this........
Back to top Go down
United Republic IA

United Republic IA

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:34 am

The Chinese are making moves to become the next world power, and if everyone else just keeps looking the other way, that is just what will happen. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tellflex Inc.

Tellflex Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Unfortunately this is very true, and something needs to be done. (SOON) Exclamation No Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future of world power   Future of world power - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future of world power
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next